Tuesday 22 October 2013

LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP

Like most mages with some experience I have often worked at the spur of the moment and had success.
However experience has taught me that unless there is an absolute emergency *it is always better to pause, do divination, and ask myself if what I am about to do is a good idea. Some of my greatest successes proved to be bitter failures.

Let me give an example. 
Ten years ago I was by the sea with the woman I loved. It was a sunny day, and I was burning with a teenager like passion. She had told me of some of her problems and was sad and depressed. Like an idiot I decided to do something for her .The only “tool” that I had with me was a bag with chocolate covered peanuts. Apart from that I could feel the power of the place.
I called on my mind whatever was there and asked that old power to make her happy, even if it meant being happy without me. I prayed fervently, threw the peanuts to the sea, and we left the place. **
Of course everybody already guessed what happened next. 
Obviously, I lost her.
When that happened my first impulse was to return to that place and undo what was done. I never did. I did not want to take the risk of something not good happening to her.

So my advice to everybody is to think before you act, and if you happen to screw up, think twice before undoing what you did, just to make sure that you will not screw up more.


* By absolute emergency I mean something like a servitor aimed at you to cause a massive heart attack, a demonic horde h(a)unting you, “something” hungry for your blood that is possessing a 7 foot tall 200 pounds knife wielding martial artist… you get the idea

**The only thing worse than an old man acting like a teenager is an old magician acting like a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment