Tuesday 21 August 2012

Get out of your high horse, or life will do it for you.

A professional sorcerer is another professional that has to worry about the market. And if it is true that we have a set of tools that are lacking to most people, it is also true that if we are too squeamish, we starve.
90% plus of all the sorcerous work that the clients require is either “love” OR curses. I am squeamish (my friends would call it having a consciousness) and I don’t curse unless I have a good reason to do it.
Fortunately I have found my niche and I can avoid doing the kind of work that I dislike
My clients already know this and when they give my contact to other’s they usually tell them that. Imagine my surprise when an old client sent me an e-mail asking me to curse a business. I picked up the phone and called him.
He didn’t hate the people in the business, actually he considered them very nice people. And they weren’t his business rivals (he has a 9 to 6 job). And they weren’t doing any magic against him, but yet they were ruining his life.
Before I asked more questions he said :
_ Listen, let me show you. Will you have dinner with me and my wife, tonight?
_... Ok. What time ?
_ 9 p.m.
At 8h 00m p.m. I was already on his street and visited the business he wanted me to curse, an ethnic bar. After drinking a Coca-Cola , visiting the bathroom and scanning the place, I was still at a complete loss of why he wanted me to curse the place.
At 08h 45m p.m. I was at his house, and met his wife for the first time. Her face glowed when he said to her that I might do something about the business.
9 p.m. He asked me to look down from his window, and to do it every 10/15 minutes or so.
10 p.m. The bar had lots of people coming in, and the music was loud, but not too loud. I noticed that a lot of people bought beers and other stuff and went out to the street to drink it. Loud voices.
11 p.m. Everybody (or at least a lot of people) was on the street. The beer bottles were on the ground making piles, I had seen at least a couple of guys vomiting, the music was still loud, and several persons were on their cars, drinking and booming their own music.
11h 50m p.m. A rush in of the people outside.
00H 10 m a.m. The bar closed.  Those that had rushed in were on the street (I counted 40) with the bottles they have bought. The music from the cars was blasting. People were shouting at each other to be heard.
_Why don’t you call the police ? I asked.
_One of our neighbors did that and those sons of bitches beat him and his wife.
_ Ah…
04 a.m. The last two cars went away.
My client and his wife have to  get up at  06 a.m. everyday.
Although not doing anything against him that bar his ruining his life and the lives of people that live on that street. And yet the owners are nice and hard working people, that are liked by most.
I promised to help.
And I’ll have to find out a solution. I’ll have to find a way to make the sure that the obnoxious people go away, or else I’ll have to make the business go away.
And I think that I recognized one of the clients. Someone in this line of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment