Monday 27 August 2012

Being professional - 2

The other day I was talking to a friend and lifelong student of magic, that recently decided to jump into the professional bandwagon.

We were discussing technicalities and trading stories and he showed me a report that he was going to send to a client.

I almost strangled him on the spot. The report was a photocopy of something he had wrote on a exercise book, with stuff pertaining to other clients strikethrough with a permanent marker.

After I finished scolding him, I picked up my USB pen and downloaded to his computer a  small file to be used as a report.
You can see it below.

I said :
_ Record every time that you work for the client. If you have to buy stuff, stapple your invoices to the repport._

He looked at me has if I was something out of twilight zone.

_Don't look to me like that_I said. _You are A PROFESSIONAL. The minimum that it is required is a professional report. And if you don't attach the invoices to it, they will suspect you.




No comments:

Post a Comment