Monday 27 August 2012

Being professional-1

Inominandum (Jason Miller) wrote a great post about being a professional magician.
Some of my magic friends were shocked when I decided to become professional.
They felt that I was defiling The Art and that I should stop doing it.

But the truth is that I won't do it. Not because of the money, because I could earn the same or more if I had chosen another activity for my second source of income.

No.
I will keep doing it for 2 main reasons.
1 - It is a way to develop my magic. It is a challenge. Although 90 % of the people want to get laid, get rich or get even, the other 10% are often surprising ( and difficult).
2 - I get to help people.

If you're interested in doing it because of money, forget it. You can earn more doing other stuff.
If you're into this because of the glamour (look at me I'm so cool, I'm a professional magician), forget it, unless you only want to sell love potions. If you want (or are able)  to do more be prepared. Doing some types of workings while simultaneously keeping your family and job safe is taxing. There is nothing glamorous about looking (and feeling) like death warmed over.

Think with you mind and with your heart, before taking this step.
And if you do, WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment